Pleased to be a member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Unusual Names

One thing I enjoy when cruising through a graveyard is reading the names. I typically find at least one unusual name among them. I recently stopped at the Ukiah Cemetery in Mendocino County, California. I found a high proportion of unusual and interesting names. I'm not even considering the Italian, Slavic, Azorean, Japanese etc. names I've seen. I'm certainly not able to say if they are common or unusual in their native lands.

I may use some of these when naming my honeybee queens.





Granted, Seraphim is the name he took upon entering the church, but it's still interesting.

A few family names also caught my eye.
Redwine seems an appropriate name for a winemaking region.

Many remind me of a refrigerator poetry magnet set.






Here are a few other interesting names I encountered elsewhere:
 In Cloverdale Cemetery, Sonoma County, California

In Oak Mound Cemetery, Healdsburg, Sonoma County, California

No comments:

Post a Comment