Pleased to be a member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Welcome to My Graveyard Rabbithole

I first became interested in graveyards when I was twelve. I came upon the local cemetery, and found the grave of a girl who had drowned at my age in 1929. I would visit her grave now and then, and wander about looking at the other markers. I admired the artistry of the older stones, and pondered the lives of those who lay there. When I travel, I like to visit the local cemeteries to see the differences in style of both the monuments and the entire site. In this newish era of the digital camera, I feel more free to collect images.

For this maiden posting, so close to Samhain, I offer a few images of Megalithic era tombs from England.



Trethevy Quoit, on Bodmin Moor, Cornwall

West Kennett Long Barrow, near Avebury, Wiltshire

Weyland's Smithy, near Uffington, Oxfordshire

3 comments:

  1. Great shots. Photoshopped eerie cloud backgrounds or was the sky really like that? I must share some of my megalithic tomb photos from Carrowmore in Ireland with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    My name is Sheri Fenley and I have the "Meet A Rabbit" column over at the Graveyard Rabbit Association. I would like to feature your blog in an upcoming article. Please email me at: sherifenley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran: I didn't add anything to the pics other than alter them with PS magic. I could share my secret method with you, considering you're a friend.

    Hello Sheri: Nice to meet you. I'll pop off an email to you.

    ReplyDelete